Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Fragrance: Mont Blanc Legend

mont_blanc_legend_1
Mont Blanc is a brand that has been with me for many years. My (late) father first introduced me to them with the gift of a fountain pen when I was at school, and since then they have held a special place in my heart. Sadly, my pen is being repaired by Mont Blanc (the only people who can repair MB pens are MB themselves) so I can’t include in the picture, as I originally intended to.

Suffice to say, I was eager to try their latest scent, Legend. The first thing to note is the presentation – the beautiful black lacquer bottle, with signature MB logo on the top is one you definitely won’t be embarrassed to leave lying around, being sleek and stylish. The pump is also first rate (it’s not often I mention the pumps) and dispenses quite a generous amount of scent.

The fragrance itself is an aromatic fougere and opens in a fairly fruity style (apple?) which is tempered with lavender, rose and bergamot. It is very masculine and rather mature, although it isn’t so mature it would be out of place on a younger chap. The apple note lingers into the middle stage and combines with oakmoss, which then dies away to leave you with the subtle warmth of sandalwood and tonka bean. It lingers very well and sillage is good, so you won’t need to re-spray every half hour.

It’s very much suited to a chap who wants to emphasise his masculinity but without “blowing the bloody doors off”, to quote Sir Michael Caine. Legend is a subtle yet still powerful fragrance which is suited to all occasions. And despite the expensive brand behind it, you can pick up 50ml for only £37 (in Harrods). It’s rare that perfumes of this quality are so well priced. Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics